Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Awesome JRay :)

So since a loving, considerate stranger has decided to point out that most of my blogs are primarily about Nate, and that I only speak ill of my precious JRay (and those who know me know this is so very true, right?) Here's a post all about JRay :) The things that make me fall in love with him more and more with every day that passes.

1.) He is my son :) That's enough to end the list, but I"ll keep going.
2.) He is such a trooper. 2 eye surgeries, tons of ophthalmologist appointments, tubes, speech therapy, ADHD, divorce, and he's still an amazingly sweet, respectful, caring little boy. My heart swells with pride every time I even THINK about him :)
3.) Those snuggles. He gives the bestest snuggles ever!
4.) He's such a hard worker. He gives everything 110% :) I never have to worry that slipping grades are a result of not trying. He ALWAYS tries :)
5.) Those big gorgeous blue eyes :) I could get lost in them.
6.) The way he absolutely ADORES his baby brother. He can't spot Naynay without totally attacking him with lovin' :) I love seeing them love each other so much!
7.) He is a Christian. He was saved by teh Grace of God on Oct. 8, 2006 after church :) They had discussed salvation in children's church, and he was questioning us about it on the way home. After we got home we sat down on his bed with the Bible, went over it all, and prayed the prayer of salvation :) I am SO BLESSED to have been able to be the one to lead him in that prayer. He loves God, and has a strong desire to do God's work. Many times he comes home from school with questions to things answered with things about being a Christian and showing God's love :)
8.) He's forgetful :) I love it because it reminds me so much of me! The boy has a worse memory than I do! It's one of the many things that make JRay unique, and those are all the things I love most about him!
9.) Because you just can't meet JRay and not fall in love with him :) He just rocks my socks!
10.) and because God loaned him to me :) He is not MINE. He is God's. And Sunday when I dedicate him and Nate back to the Lord, I'm committing myself, PJ, our families, and our church family, to raising him in a Godly home, and teaching him those things that he should know to go out and do the Lord's work :) I may find much disfavor in many eyes, but I found enough favor in God's eyes to be loaned two very precious boys, and I know in my heart that God has great plans for the both of them :)

I'm sure that those who know me know there is no doubt that I love my children with all that I am. I dont' even pretend to be perfect. I know I"m not perfect. But the great thing is, I'm forgiven :) And God continues to forgive. All I have to do is ask Him :) I struggle in my Christian walk EVERY SINGLE DAY. It is not easy to walk the straight and narrow path. And I know that many times my failures become stumbling blocks to others, and I will have to answer to God for that on the day of Judgement. But, I know that God forgives me for those mistakes, and still loves me no matter what. Through the times I've taken His love and pushed it back at Him and refused it, He STILL loved me. He always has, and he always will. I"ve learned lot in Revival this week, but the biggest thing I have learned is that my attitude affects my ministry. And we all know that my "attitude" has always been a big part of who I am. So I need ya'll to pray for me, and encourage me when you see me getting angry. I want to live a life that is pleasing to God. I want to win souls for Christ. I want to see EVERYONE make it to Heaven. So, God, please forgive me for the sins I've committed, even since reading the first response to my blog below. Cleanse me of unpure thoughts. Help me to be righteous. And ya'll encourage me to do the same! I love you all! But not as much as God loves you, because I don't know that I could give my son to die for you, but He certainly did, without hesitating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie....we all know how much you love JRay...he was your LIFE...then Nate come along & now you have two miracles....you know I know all about it...I had the same thing happen....but everyone knows that you love both your boys...they are both special & precious in their own way...so don't let a stranger bother you....they don't know you & your feelings like true friends do...we love you & PJ & the boys all the same...Nate is just new & going through all the first so there is kinda more to write about each day...I find myself doing that too...but that doesn't mean you love the older one any less...You inspire me on a daily basis girl....your walk with God is inspiring because we all fall every day...heck every minute of the day...I struggle really bad too...so we can be encourging to each other...so we all are not perfect but God loves us anyway...so I want to lift you up & for you to know that I love you & I am always praying for you & your sweet family!!! Have a great day sweetie!!!

My Crazy Life

My photo
I am a Christian wife and homeschooling mom of two precious boys. I enjoy photography and spending time with my family, along with any other hobby I can manage to dig my nails into. I'm married to PJ, God's precious gift to me ;) I'm honest, passionate, and find myself falling deeper and deeper in love with my Creator each and every day that passes. I was diagnosed as a Type 1 Diabetic at the age of 10. I chose not to care about my health then, and am paying the price now with multiple complications including kidney damage and neuropathy. I currently reside in Florida, where God led my family in February of 2011, but my heart is, and will forever be, in Alabama.