Monday, December 15, 2008

Continuing on...

let's continue on these ramblings a bit further, and see what unfolds, shall we?

Digging through the scriptures, we see faith alluded to in many "measures". There's great faith, little faith, no faith, faith of a mustard seed...

So how much is this measure? Is it a little? A lot? Just enough? How much is a little? How much is great? I mean, just a little bit of your faith may be a GREAT amount of faith for me? Right? The amount of faith you have is the amount you allow yourself to have. I just can't see from my readings that God determines how much faith we have. He has determined how much we're CAPABLE of. That was built into our very being when He created us. But, only we can decide how much faith we WILL have. So back to Romans 12:3, no, let's go back farther.

Romans 12:2
"And, do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

aaaaahhhhh-it's starting to click. When we transform our mind, by reading the scriptures, we learn what is the will of God. Then we open our mind, and our put down our pride, because, this is the will of God. So then, by putting down our pride, studying the Word, living in the Word, we think soberly. We think like God. And since God did create us to have faith-we allow Him to transform our hearts and our minds to what He has built us to be. So then that "measure" of faith is simply put, ALL of our faith. Not just some of it, not most of it, but ALL of it.

So to the self esteem issue. How much is too much? Are pride and self esteem equal? We know we are to put down pride. But what is the BIBLICAL difference between pride and self esteem?

No comments:

My Crazy Life

My photo
I am a Christian wife and homeschooling mom of two precious boys. I enjoy photography and spending time with my family, along with any other hobby I can manage to dig my nails into. I'm married to PJ, God's precious gift to me ;) I'm honest, passionate, and find myself falling deeper and deeper in love with my Creator each and every day that passes. I was diagnosed as a Type 1 Diabetic at the age of 10. I chose not to care about my health then, and am paying the price now with multiple complications including kidney damage and neuropathy. I currently reside in Florida, where God led my family in February of 2011, but my heart is, and will forever be, in Alabama.