Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Storms

So, it's nice and stormy here tonight. I decide to use this as a photographic opportunity, and opened the door, set up the tripod and camera, set a 30 second exposure, and spent about 20 minutes taking pictures. I saved 20 pictures from that shoot, and what amazed me is that through that time, although there might have been a teenie flash of lightening here and there that didn't seem to affect the exposure, the color of the sky changed. This was not visible to the naked eye, only on the camera's sensor. It went from orange to green, back to orange, etc. I have no idea why this is. I have an email in to the local meteorologist with the pictures asking him why :) So if I get an answer I'll let you know what he says. Anyway, here are the pics. Of course this was with no flash (hence the 30 second exposure time). Some of you will understand what I"m talking about, others won't LOL. Regardless, enjoy the show :) Oh, the 2nd shot and the last shot both contained a fairly bright flash of lightening near the end of the exposure.

No comments:

My Crazy Life

My photo
I am a Christian wife and homeschooling mom of two precious boys. I enjoy photography and spending time with my family, along with any other hobby I can manage to dig my nails into. I'm married to PJ, God's precious gift to me ;) I'm honest, passionate, and find myself falling deeper and deeper in love with my Creator each and every day that passes. I was diagnosed as a Type 1 Diabetic at the age of 10. I chose not to care about my health then, and am paying the price now with multiple complications including kidney damage and neuropathy. I currently reside in Florida, where God led my family in February of 2011, but my heart is, and will forever be, in Alabama.