Saturday, June 7, 2008

For Momma

Momma

You lived your life
Inside a shell
So afraid to chance
But never afraid to help

So many times
You held tight to the wall
Not afraid to climb
But yet afraid to fall

So many people
Waiting in line
So many lives touched
In your short lived life

You spent your life
Never afraid to love
You gave more than all
With your gift from Above

That gift, of pure Love
And of unending compassion
So weak in your own eyes
But to so many a blessing

How many times have I heard
“Your Mom was amazing”
From strangers unknown
“She was so full of compassion”

Oh how my heart aches
To see you again
To talk on the phone
With my best of friends

Dance and sing, Momma!
Because now, you can
But go easy on Heaven
Don’t change it too much
I don’t think that’s God’s plan!

Those pearly white gates
Well, they’ll probably be purple!
But one day I’ll enter them
And spend eternity with you
And a few million pandas!

© Brooke Stover McIntire June 7, 2008
In Memory of “Momma” Shelia Diana Stover April 11, 1955-May 14, 2008

No comments:

My Crazy Life

My photo
I am a Christian wife and homeschooling mom of two precious boys. I enjoy photography and spending time with my family, along with any other hobby I can manage to dig my nails into. I'm married to PJ, God's precious gift to me ;) I'm honest, passionate, and find myself falling deeper and deeper in love with my Creator each and every day that passes. I was diagnosed as a Type 1 Diabetic at the age of 10. I chose not to care about my health then, and am paying the price now with multiple complications including kidney damage and neuropathy. I currently reside in Florida, where God led my family in February of 2011, but my heart is, and will forever be, in Alabama.